Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Past, Present and Future

Probably you love your country more when you are away from it. I am writing this post from US. I am writing because I saw this video from YouTube on a dear friends Orkut account, who again happens to be doing MS in US.


Link to the Video



Back home I met a retired gulf returnee, who was into social work and petty local politics. He said "I had some of my most spirited thoughts for India at your age. I used to dream about a better India, better education, equality and stuff, but then I never acted. Then family responsibilities caught on with me and now age".
It made me sad to think that this cycle will continue. As I grow old I may tell a young stranger the same lines. And that stranger may put a similar post and sleep for the day.

No comments: